Saturday, May 05, 2018

the beast of life

Life is getting tougher day by day. Even I have everything by now. I mean this is what my dream is when I was 10. My bucket list so called:

  • I want to be a doctor (One of two famous professions at my place 😂).
  • I want to have a good salary so that I can buy whatever I want (I was thinking of buying barbie of course 😇).
  • I want to go far away from my village (😫).
  • I want to help my grandparents and my parents (always a good kid 😭)
  • .........

I can't remember all of them. But I guess I have everything by now. I am not a doctor, but I have a good profession with a good salary. I can buy anything I need without hoping others to buy for me. I am now impossible to reach my village within an hour. And definitely, I have the capability of helping my loved ones.

But, why I asked for all this back then? It is not a question to ask. Because my answer now is no more valid since i can't even remember all of them.

A good question will be, how do I feel when I actually have all this? What did I do with it? Do I realize that I have everything that I could ask for?

One thing for sure your bucket list will never empty. We will always ask for more. We will never say thanks. We never appreciate what we have but we kept asking why we don't have.

I asked for a chance to help my grandparents and my parents but I kept finding a reason not to. And I even blame a good profession that I have. And by that, I start to ask for more. Give me more time, I want to help my loved ones. But do I really believe I can help them with the extra time? Or I will find another excuse?

It's really funny.
But that's the reality.
The reality of life.
The reality of never feel enough but not even realised.
The reality of asking instead of giving.
The reality of appreciating is a burden but blaming is a relief.
The reality that we kept denying but kept doing it.

It's tough to accept. But that's the beast of life. The facts that we used to live with every day. The things that we actually cherish all the time.

Does it really that bad?



No comments:

Me, Kids and World Scarves Problems

Last weekend, I rearranged my scarves from hanger to the big plastic box. That's when my kids enter the room and start questioning. Ad...